The choice between the editors depends on the user’s specific needs and requirements. Some of the common use cases for CKEditor 5 Builds include:
- Content Management Systems:
- Forms for writing articles or website content.
- Inline writing in a front-end-like editing page.
- In comments.
- Marketing and Sales Automation Applications:
- Composing e-mail campaigns.
- Creating templates.
- Forum Applications:
- For the creation of topics and their replies.
- Team Collaboration Application:
- For the creation of shared documents.
- Other Uses
- User profile editing pages.
- Book writing applications.
- Social messaging and content sharing.
- Creation of ads in recruitment software.
If the above sample use cases do not fit your specific need and / or you wish to create your own text editor then you should consider the CKEditor 5 Framework.
As far as CKEditor 4 is concerned, you should consider it as a solution if the compatibility with old browsers is a must for you or if features that are essential for you are not yet available in CKEditor 5.