With an aim to meet and satisfy any potential use case, a product portfolio of editors have been created and now includes:
- CKEditor 5 Builds, a set of ready to use rich-text editors, so called the ‘builds’.
- CKEditor 5 Framework, providing all the components necessary for the creation of any kind of text editing solution.
- CKEditor 4, the battle tested editor when even more features and legacy compatibility is needed.
CKEditor 5 Builds offers the fastest and easiest way to integrate a rich text editor into an application. The builds come with different configurations to satisfy as many use cases as possible, at the same time making adding and removing new plugins extremely easy. Currently three builds are available:
- Classic Editor (the classic “boxed” editing interface with a toolbar at the top).
- Inline Editor (a floating toolbar attached to the content of the page).
- Balloon Editor (displays the toolbar when text is selected).
In comparison, the CKEditor 5 Framework brings out of the box solutions available to use in many different contexts. In case a developer wants to create their own editor, it gives full control over every aspect of the editor, from UI to features, and the possibility to enable real-time collaborative editing inside the editor.
To find out more about our new offer, please read the “Introducing the new CKEditor Ecosystem” article on our blog.